This course is perfect for anyone who knows they have what it takes to become a successful office manager but would like to increase their confidence and hone their skills before they start applying for jobs. You’ll learn how to handle different scenarios in the office environment and also gain a valuable insight in how to work on your own personality in order to become an efficient yet empathetic boss.
Keen to take the next step in your office-based career? Not only will you learn about the administrative and organisational skills required to be a successful office manager, you will also get a great insight into the people skills you will need to efficiently manage your staff and the situations that often arise when managing a team of employees.
Is the Course For Me?
This course is perfect for anyone who knows they have what it takes to become a successful office manager but would like to increase their confidence and hone their skills before they start applying for jobs. You’ll learn how to handle different scenarios in the office environment and also gain a valuable insight in how to work on your own personality in order to become an efficient yet empathetic boss. Finances, legal issues, promotions, delegating, administration and social media are all dealt with as well as the crucial skill of becoming an excellent and effective communicator.
How Do I Learn?
The 10-15 hours of course content of this online course is broken down into 18 easy-to-access modules, making it the perfect choice for anyone who wants to study alongside their existing work and family commitments.
Key Learning Points
Get ahead of the competition by ensuring you’ve got what it takes to be an all-round star in the office management stakes.
- After digesting the introduction, get started by learning how to develop the most important personality traits of an office manager and how to project confidence.
- First impressions count; find out how to meet and greet clients.
- Find out how to become an effective communicator and how to lead by example to influence those around you to do the same.
- Discover more about how to run a friendly yet professional reception.
- Learn about administrative systems and decide which one is right for you.
- Get to grips with the crucial task of recording office expenditure and managing budgets.
- Learn to plan an office layout effectively.
- Get confident organising and chairing meetings.
- Discover more about ensuring adequate staff levels, managing performance and delegating tasks.
- Learn about the important area of staff development and promotions.
- Become well-versed in the crucial area of implementing and promoting up-to-date equality and diversity and health and safety policies.
- Polish up your report-writing skills.
- Discover how to get the most from conferences and training events.
- Find out how to get started with a social media management strategy.
Advantages of the Course
- Gain the career-boosting confidence that will set you apart from the competition when applying for office management roles.
- Each 15-60-minute module can be accessed at a time and place that suits you, and can be revisited as often as you feel necessary.
- At the end, complete the 30-question multiple-choice test to prove your skills, safe in the knowledge that you can try again if you don’t achieve the 70% pass rate first time.
- Download the certificate of completion to prove your commitment to your career in office management.
- Technical support if you run into issues in the course of your learning.
Office management requires many different skills that may be called upon at any moment, so get on the path to becoming an amazing office manager today by signing up to the Office Management Diploma.
This course is CPD certified.
- Who is an Office Manager
- Typical Duties of an Office Manager
- Skills Essential for an Office Manager
- Education and Qualifications
- Personality and Personality Development
- Importance of Personality Development
- Most Important Personality Traits of an Office Manager
- How to Project Confidence
- First impression is everything
- Leadership is creative thought and not reactive thinking
- Creative Vs. Reactive
- First impression of a company
- Communication and Effective Communication
- Importance of Effective Communication
- The Art of Effective Interpersonal Communication
- Building Effective Communication in an Organisation
- Essentials for a reception
- Face of the office
- Qualifications and skills
- Prospects of a career as a receptionist
- What is an Administrative System?
- What is Administrative Management?
- Traditional Administrative Systems
- Strategy Formulation
- The Importance of keeping Record of Expenses
- Maintaining Expense Records
- How to Keep Records
- Kinds of Expenses to Record
- Office layout: What it means
- Objectives of Office Layout
- Importance of Office Layout
- Principle of Office Layout
- What is a meeting?
- Different types of meetings
- Chairing a meeting
- Do you need a chairperson?
- What is staffing?
- The groundwork
- Required number of personnel
- Finding temporary staff
- Definition of performance management
- How it works
- Planning an individual’s personal performance
- The benefits
- What is delegation of work?
- Necessity of work delegation
- When to delegate work
- What work to delegate
- What is staff development and training?
- Importance of training and development
- What you need to do to train staff
- Coaching and mentoring
- Equality and diversity in the workplace
- The meaning of equality and diversity
- Legal support for equality and diversity
- Environment of equality and diversity
- Presenting a report: Basics
- How to earn attention and support
- Report style writing
- Business reporting
- Economic reasoning
- A health and safety management system
- The spirit of the law
- Policy and commitment
- Benefits of Attending Conferences and Conventions
- Personal and Professional benefits of a Conference
- Understanding Conference Benefits and Quantifying Them
- Getting the maximum from Conferences
- Internet Marketing Strategy
- Why Bother?
- Digital Channels Overview
- The Digital Channels