Anyone who has an interest in becoming either an events manager or wedding planner (whether employed or self-employed) is encouraged to take the course.
Embark on a new career or take your existing role in a new direction with this fantastic certificate. Become a qualified events manager and wedding planner in less than 15 hours, dramatically improving your job prospects and earning potential.
Comprehensive and convenient
The course is broken down into 23 individual modules. Each one takes between 15 to 30 minutes on average study, although you can spend as little or as much time on each module as you feel is necessary – simply log in and out of your course at your convenience. The course will teach you about the customer service skills and personal qualities required, the types of events you will need to manage, how to design and stage an event, finances and ticketing, health and safety, planning weddings and starting your own business.
The flexible nature of the course means you can learn at your own pace depending on other commitments. The nature of online learning enables you to study anytime, anywhere at your convenience.
Key Learning Points
The course covers the very wide range of events that you may encounter and includes detailed lessons on every aspect, including vital information on the successful running of your own business.
- Introduce yourself to the basics of event management and what you can expect from a career in this field. Learn the benefits of strategic management, the available events management software, the personal qualities necessary for the job and the difference between corporate and private events.
- Explore the various methods of staging and design and how to use different themes. Learn how to manage finances, stick to budgets and promote and sell tickets. Discover what responsibilities you will have in terms of health and safety, how to manage space and dealing with electricity and sound requirements for your event.
- Learn how to plan weddings, the different types of ceremony, the delicacy of the wedding planning process, choosing venues, wedding legalities, themes, clothing, catering, entertainment, gifts, transport, photography and having weddings abroad. This is a comprehensive and detailed set of modules that explores all the intricate details and wedding planning.
- Get to grips with the fundamental principles of starting your own business and being self-employed. Learn about advertising and marketing your business, building a website, using social media to promote yourself and the types of insurance you may need.
Advantages of this course
- A detailed yet easy to understand course syllabus broken down into 23 manageable chunks that make learning easy.
- Complete the end of course test and receive a qualification and certificate.
- Learn at your own pace and fully understand each module before moving on.
- Improve your career prospects with a verified certifiable qualification.
Buy this course now, boost your career and be a part of this exciting industry.
This course is CPD certified.
- About Events Management as a Career
- Why you should become an events manager
- About what youll be doing when youre working
- What the benefits of having a diploma are
- About the need to strategise everything
- Why you should pay particular attention to the budget
- The benefits to strategic management
- About events management software
- How to offer a high level of customer service
- What skills you will need to do this
- Why going the extra mile for your customers is well worth the effort
- How you can improve your communication skills
- About Small and Private Events
- About corporate events and understanding their aims
- About conferences and why timing is critical at these type of events
- About exhibitions and managing exhibition traffic
- How to best use your venue’s resources
- How to make the most of seasonal themes
- How to work with themes in to more intimate events
- How to bring your event theme to life
- The importance of executing good financial management
- Key event budgeting rules
- How to promote and sell tickets
- About graduated ticket pricing
- What events planners have to watch out for
- How to run an event safely
- About managing health and safety during the event
- How to plan for emergencies
- Managing your event’s space
- Electricity and your event
- Organising sound for your event
- Arranging tables, tents, and chairs and parking facilities
- What wedding planners do
- Why people need wedding planners
- How wedding planners make money
- Whether being a wedding planner is as glamorous as it seems
- Religious ceremonies
- Civil ceremonies
- Location weddings
- Non-traditional weddings
- What needs to be done 16-18 months before the wedding
- What needs to be done 6 to 7 months before the wedding
- What needs to be done in the months running up to the wedding
- What things can wait til the last week before the wedding
- The basics of choosing a wedding venue
- About wedding venue logistics
- How to watch out for hidden extras
- About negotiating with your chosen venue
- What duties should be assigned to everyone at the ceremony
- How to make marriage notices official
- What the marriage schedule is
- About choosing a theme
- How to encourage the couple to focus on their personal style to create a theme
- How to make sure the theme is plausible
- How a choosing a theme can effect the overall budget
- How to find wedding attire within budget
- What regulations you have to be aware of
- How to save money on wedding attire
- About making sure the wedding attire fits
- What type of catering should a couple opt for
- How to find caterers that match the budget
- About arranging the wedding cake
- About drinks packages
- About finding the right kind of wedding entertainment
- About the different forms of wedding entertainment
- How to keep the kids entertained
- About making sure the logistics are right
- What printed materials the happy couple likely to need
- About your role as a wedding planner when it comes to printed materials
- How to organise a gift list for the couple
- How to obtain the best prices for printed materials
- Why you should book transport well in advance
- How to diversify and look at plenty of options
- About making sure the rest of the party and the guests have transport
- About adding extra touches
- How to find a great wedding photographer
- About consulting with the photographer before the big day
- How to encourage the couple to get more from their photography experience
- How to find the right videographer
- What your role is as a wedding planner when your couple is getting married abroad
- Which tour operators are recommended for arranging weddings abroad
- About Visas and other legal aspects
- Typical destinations for weddings abroad
- The Pros and Cons of Running an Events Planning Business
- What You Need to Know About Being a Self-Employed Events Planner
- Whether you Should You Take a Hands on or Hands Off Approach
- Whether You Need a Dedicated Office
- About advertising your business
- About Building a Website for Your Wedding Planning Business
- The types of insurance you’re going to need
- Facebook, Twitter, and Social Media Advertising