Develop a greater knowledge and a practical understanding of some of the more advanced areas of bookkeeping and accounts in this interesting and accessible online course.
Develop a greater knowledge and a practical understanding of some of the more advanced areas of bookkeeping and accounts in this interesting and accessible online course. Accredited by The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers, it is an ideal training option for anyone who wishes to further expand their knowledge of bookkeeping and accounts best practice, and learn practical skills that they can apply in their place of work.
Each module is broken down into digestible chunks and designed to help ensure that students fully understand the course material, in order to maximise their chances of passing the exam and gaining the Level IV qualification. The exam consists of 1 timed exam that the student has the option to take at home or at their place of work. It is designed to allow students to put what they have learnt into practice, thus equipping them with the confidence to be able to take that knowledge and apply it in a workplace setting, whether they happen to work in an employed or self-employed capacity.
This course is created for students who have already been successful in achieving the ICB Level III Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts, and who are looking to continue their studies in order to help boost their employment options and increase their earning potential. It is designed to equip students with theoretical knowledge and an advanced set of practical skills, ensuring that they are adequately trained and fully understand how to perform specialised tasks both confidently and efficiently, and to an acceptable industry standard.
- Online course – study on your laptop, tablet or phone.
- Full version of Sage Instant Accounts.
- One year’s student membership to the ICB.
- Tutor Support.
- Practice assignments.
- Mock Exam.
- Final Exams.
- Interest free payments available.
- NUS Extra Card available (for small additional fee).
KEY LEARNING POINTS
To enrol on this course, students must have already achieved the ICB Level III Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts (or an equivalent qualification with an industry-recognised awarding body), and must also hold a valid ICP membership or student registration.
- Equips students with knowledge and understanding of some of the more advanced areas of bookkeeping, and qualifies them to work as a self-employed or senior employed bookkeeper.
- Upon successful completion of the course, students can:
- Carry out the role of bookkeeper for limited and incorporated businesses and organisations in either an employed or self-employed capacity
- Produce a set of accounts for a limited or incorporated body using information from an incomplete set of records
- Prepare and interpret internal management accounts for incorporated businesses/companies/organisations
- Prepare final accounts for a limited company for internal management purposes
- Produce draft year-end accounts for limited companies and limited liability partnerships
- Confidently work with both manual and computerised bookkeeping and accounts systems
- Adjust the capital share of partners should there be any modifications to the partnership profit sharing ratio
- Interpret financial statements by calculating and explaining ratios for profitability and liquidity
- The exam consists of 1 timed home-based online assessment that students can complete either at home or in the workplace (providing they have internet access), and 1 timed centre-based assessment, which is to be taken at an external ICB centre.
- Students who successfully achieve the full qualification are automatically eligible to upgrade to ‘Member of ICB’ and receive the following award – the designatory letters ‘MICB’.
NOTE: This course includes Sage Instant Accounts software which will be delivered 14 days after course activation. The courses we offer which include Sage software must require a windows based laptop/PC. The course will play on any device, however, you will not be able to complete the course without access to the software.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Explores some of the more advanced areas of bookkeeping and accounts for students who have already successfully achieved the Level III Certificate in Bookkeeping and accounts, and who wish to enhance their skill-set and build on their existing framework of knowledge.
- Providing students hold a valid ICB membership/student registration then they are free to enrol on this course at a time of year that suits them, as the course is available in every week of the year.
- Provides students with all the confidence, knowledge and practical skills they need to be able to work with both a manual and computerised bookkeeping and accounts system.
- The exam consists of 1 timed home-based assessment and 1 time centre-based assessment, so students are able to take the first part of the test from home or their place of work.
- Upon completion of the course, successful delegates are awarded the Level IV Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping and Accounts, and are subsequently qualified to work as a bookkeeper for limited companies in either an employed or self-employed capacity.
- Prepare a set of final accounts for a Limited Company
- Understand the nature of a limited liability partnership
- Prepare a set of final accounts for incomplete records
- Account for changes in a partnership
- Understand the importance of interpreting financial statements for internal management purposes.
- Analyse and Interpret Financial Statements