The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) online course is an internationally recognised, vendor-neutral certification that uses behavioural analytics to improve the overall state of IT security through preventing, detecting and combatting cybersecurity threats. CySA+ is the most up-to-date security analyst certification to covers advanced threats in the digital age.
The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst+ (CySA+) methodology uses behavioural analytics to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats. It is an intermediate level qualification in the CompTIA Certification Pathway and it will teach you how to configure and use security threat tools and how to perform data analysis to identify a networks vulnerabilities, threats, and risks.
Ultimately, you will be able to secure applications, systems, networks and the organisations that they help to run. The CompTIA CySA+ is recommended for IT professionals with CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ or equivalent level knowledge, and a minimum of 3-4 years working in information security. While these skills are not compulsory, they’re highly recommended as CySA+ follows on from Security+ and requires foundational level knowledge.
The course materials are delivered online and you will have 24/7 access to our learning portal for one year, which means you can study anytime, anywhere. The training is compatible with mobile and desktop devices using the Windows and iOS operating systems.
Once you have gained this qualification, you will be able to function in roles including IT Security Analyst, Cyber Security Specialist, Threat Analyst, Security Engineer, Vulnerability and Cyber Security Analyst. These skills will put you at the frontline of the cybersecurity battle to stop hackers, ensuring you are using the latest technologies to deter their efforts. The natural next step after the CySA+ is the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner, which we also have available.
Key learning points
- Identifying vulnerabilities, risks and threats to an organisation
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organisation
- Prevent, detect and combat security threats
- Cyber incident response
Advantages of the course
- Live Chat Tutor Support is available for a small additional fee, where you will be able to ask questions to IT experts and receive answers within minutes! Saving you time and allowing you to get on with your course with no delays (well, except the couple of moments it takes them to respond!)
- Customer support available, 24/7, Monday to Friday
- 12-month access to the course content
- 24/7 access to our portal so you can study anytime
- Learn more advanced cyber security techniques that will help you to apply behavioural analytics to improve the overall state of IT security
- A variety of learning materials to cater for all learning styles
- Course content compatible on iOS and Windows desktop and mobile devices
- The perfect next step for any current cybersecurity professional looking to develop their career and skillset to the next level
- Assessing Information Security Risk
- Analyzing the Threat Landscape
- Analyzing Reconnaissance Threats to Computing and Network Environments
- Analyzing Attacks on Computing and Network Environments
- Analyzing Post-Attack Techniques
- Managing Vulnerabilities in the Organization
- Implementing Penetration Testing to Evaluate Security
- Collecting Cybersecurity Intelligence
- Analyzing Log Data
- Performing Active Asset and Network Analysis
- Responding to Cybersecurity Incidents
- Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
- Addressing Security Architecture Issues
- Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CyberSec First Responder (Exam CFR-210)
- Appendix B: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA® CyberSecurity Analyst+ (Exam CS0-001)
- Appendix C: Security Resources
- Appendix D: U.S. Department of Defence Operational Security