Embrace the digital age and show off your creative side, by exploring the world of web design and passing the exam to prove your abilities!
Embrace the digital age and show off your creative side, by exploring the world of web design and passing the exam to prove your abilities! A fully functional, easily navigated and aesthetically-pleasing website is a crucial component of a business’ online presence; without one, or having a lacklustre website published on the web, can be detrimental to a business, and it’s something that needs to be fixed, fast!
The World Wide Web is packed full of creative, functional and innovative websites that really pack a punch. However, there are also plenty of websites that fall short on the design spectrum, and severely lack some of the bare essentials that are required to make a website that does what it’s supposed to do – market a business, and improve its profitability.
A Comprehensive Exam
By sitting this examination, students will have already studied the comprehensive material found within the associated CIW Web Design Specialist Self-Study Kits including Live Lab course. Upon completion of this assessment, students will be able to demonstrate their knowledge of web design, including some of the fundamental concepts that are required to create a website that really works. It’s recommended that students complete the CIW Site Development Foundations course and exam before moving onto this assessment.
Key learning points
Sitting this exam would be perfect for any web design enthusiasts who are business owners wishing to market their own services, self-employed designers wishing to work on a freelance basis, or an employee needing further expertise in the field.
The exam consists of 4 domains, which will prove the student’s ability to:
- Grasp some of the site development essentials, including identifying and managing elements of the web design process, knowing some of the relevant ethical and legal issues, and understanding how to meet customer expectations with a project.
- Understand some of the web design principles that need to be used to evaluate and develop a site’s aesthetics, viewer experience and usability, and accessibility, of the site.
- Confidently use basic web technologies, including HTML and XHTML, to develop web pages and enhance their structure, usability and format.
- Create websites using GUI site development applications and know how to publish and maintain the finished product.
- Appreciate some advanced web technologies, such as using multimedia and plugins, client-side and server-side programming, web databases, and syndicated feeds using feed management services.
- Demonstrate how to conduct effective Internet marketing
Advantages of this course
- Complete the exam whenever you’re ready. Online assessment means you can revise as much as you need to, to ensure you’re completely prepared and have the best chance of a qualifying grade.
- Flexible and convenient, with 12 months validity.
- Prove your knowledge of the essential skills and techniques that are required to design and develop websites professionally.
- Gain fundamental skills in layouts, colour and fonts, and learn how to put these attributes together to create fantastic websites every time.
- See real improvements, and produce a website that will work wonders for your business.
- Add this exam pass to your CV and instantly improve your career prospects.
- Follow your dream of becoming a web design wizard!