Explore the importance of supervision, and why it is required within any early years setting, with this in-depth course. Staff that are well-supervised are proven to perform better, with fewer concerns raised by parents, fewer recorded complaints and a more consistent service provided.
Explore the importance of supervision, and why it is required within any early years setting, with this in-depth course that is aimed at Academic Level. Staff that are well-supervised are proven to perform better, with fewer concerns raised by parents, fewer recorded complaints and a more consistent service provided. This short course, written by childcare consultant, can help to ensure good practice is continually observed.
A Legal Requirement
Since September 2012, it has been a legal requirement for staff within a childcare setting to receive supervision, ensuring that all staff members can focus on their personal and professional development in order to ensure the most effective practice provision. Through this course, you will learn about some of the key aspects of supervision, and what you can do to ensure the optimal performance of staff within your early years setting.
The Need for Supervision
For staff members to feel empowered and able to talk about any issues, adequate supervision needs to be in place. Staff should feel safe discussing issues regarding safeguarding, roles and responsibilities, concerns and ways of improving a setting, and supervision provides a safe arena in which this can take place. Sign up to this course, implement and improve supervision in your setting, and you will soon see the benefits – not just for your staff members, but for the children and the families who use your service.
Key Learning Points
This short course is intended to be studied by early years managers, but would also be extremely useful for any current or aspiring team leader or supervisor to get to grips with this area of managerial practice.
- Appreciate the need for legal requirements for supervision within early years environments.
- Understand the importance of supervision, and the crucial part that it plays with regards to professional and personal development of staff members. Identify ways in which it can help a setting improve its early years provision.
- Get to grips with some of the aspects of mentoring, support, coaching and training to ensure all early years practitioners in your setting are committed to continuous professional development.
- Understand the importance of communication during supervision, and what other qualities help to create effective supervision in the workplace.
- Improve practice with peer-to-peer observation, and think about how you might include it within your own supervision process.
Advantages of this course
- Progress through the course material from the comfort of your own home. All resources that students need can be accessed online, at a time that is convenient to them. There are no deadlines to adhere to, so work at your own pace.
- If you have any technical issues while using the courseware at any point, our support team are available to help.
- Download activity sheets which are full of useful tasks that can be completed to enhance your learning journey.
- Recap and monitor your progress with a handy multimedia quiz half way through the lesson.
- Expand your knowledge further by embarking on some independent learning, and work through some of the recommended extra reading ideas, including a range of activities and course-related books.
- Use a variety of resources, including videos, tutorials and presentations to help you absorb the knowledge as well as possible.
- Finish the lesson with a multiple choice test that can confirm your new-found knowledge.
- Study as a standalone module, or combine as part of a learning suite of courses that cover other useful topic areas, including leadership, managing people and continuous professional development.
- Be a better manager and provide supervision that can benefit all who use your service.
- Embark on a learning journey to make yourself the perfect candidate for that supervisory or managerial promotion.
Sign up to this short course today and improve essential supervision in your workplace.
CACHE Endorsed Certificate(s) Included.
This Cache endorsed course is delivered by Laser learning our official partner.