Writing for the web is very different to writing in any other format. Catching the eye on the Internet is very different to traditional means and people don’t read information on the web in the same way that they read a newspaper, magazine, or a book. It’s crucial that, as a writer, you understand how to write effective web content so that it is interesting and engaging.
The Internet has an abundance of information. There are over one billion websites on the web today, with at least 4.7 billion pages on the Indexed Web. For this reason, the Internet is the central hub that people use to access information quickly, finding out everything they need from exclusive deals to the latest news.
This course will teach you everything you need to know about writing creative and engaging content which will stand out in the information trove of the Internet.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Apply engaging techniques that draw readers to web pages
- Plan what to write to reflect your web hierarchy
- Create engaging content, including catchy headlines
- Enhance your writing with other forms of media
- Make your writing accessible to a variety of readers
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Learn how to write effective and engaging content for the web
- Utilise your skills as soon as you complete the course
- Write content for businesses as part of your profession, or as a hobby as part of a blog or personal website
- Recommended reading to help you develop your knowledge further beyond the course