This course-exam package equips learners with the skills and knowledge to develop basic websites – and a qualification that provides permanent proof to employers.
No prior knowledge of web development is required. All that is needed is a familiarity of an operating system such as Microsoft Windows 7. The online programme of study, which learners can access at their own pace and convenience, will transform their understanding and prepare them to become a sought-after professional in the modern business environment.
The CIW Internet Business Associate course and exam are aimed at:
- Students at high school or college – seeking a place in higher education or their first career position
- Professionals in a wide range of sectors which actively benefit from Internet technology, including:
- Information technology
- Graphic Design
Upon completion of the course and passing the exam, students can add CIW Site Development Associate certification to their academic qualifications, while professionals can increase their existing skill set and raise their value in their current employment.
Key learning points
- Website development using HTML and Extensible HTML (XHTML)
- Manual code writing, graphical user interface (GUI) authoring tools, and XHTML code validation
- Web page development using images, hyperlinks, tables, forms and frames
- CGI and connecting webpages to databases
- Internet marketing and search engine optimization (SEO)
- CSS for formatting web page content, and fundamental web design concepts
- Development of websites as managed projects
- Introductory e-commerce solutions, and the relationship of website development to business goals.
- The CIW Site Development Associate exam (1D0-61B) lasts for 30 minutes and contains 30 questions testing candidates’ knowledge of the content in the study modules – and their ability to apply it.
- To pass the exam, candidates will need to achieve a score of 63.33%, demonstrating a range of knowledge and skills in this discipline.
Advantages of this course
- Website development is a career that continues to grow in importance in a wide range of business sectors; this course-exam package takes learners a significant step towards reaching this goal.
- Once certified, candidates can prove they have the skills to develop basic websites.
- For students, this is a valuable addition to their academic qualifications; for professionals, it substantially increases their skill set and raises their value to employers.
- An official CIW Certification Practice Exam is available, which enables candidates to instantly evaluate their level of knowledge and readiness to become certified.
- New lesson quizzes are also available on CIW Online, and can be found on each of the lesson pages in the Online Resources.
- Exam scores may be challenged if candidates feel there is a legitimate reason for doing so, such as a question mark over the validity of item content.
- Markup Language and Site Development Essentials
- HTML5 Coding
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and Graphical Elements
- HTML Tables
- Web Forms
- Video, Audio and Image Techniques
- Extensing HTML
- GUI HTML Editors and Mobile Web Sites
- Web Site Development for Business